Paralegal- Family and Private Client
This role will suit a college or university leaver with a strong academic background and preferably with experience in working in a client or customer facing role. The role is for someone to work full time between our family and private client department assisting our senior solicitors in their varied caseload. The applicant must be excellent at time management as they will be required to prioritise and split their time between two departments. The work load will vary from divorce and children matters to wills, probate and lasting powers of attorney matters and so there is a broad workload and experience to be had.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Uppermill, Saddleworth (although you may also be required to attend home visits or our Grasscroft office from time to time)
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Reports to: Director/Rebecca O’Donnell
Job Purpose: To assist the family and Private Client department working both autonomously and as part of a team.
Award winning firm seeking a Paralegal on a full-time basis.
We are a dynamic and award winning multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK. Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programs and provide a working environment, which is both supportive and challenging. Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern fresh approach, we have achieved numerous accreditations and awards. We are enjoying continuous success and continuous growth and are highly regarded within the legal market. We would offer great career prospects and a competitive salary and are now seeking a paralegal to work across the Family and Private Client Department due to a substantial increase in instructions.
1. To assist the Family and Private Client Department with varying administrative tasks
2. To use initiative to prepare correspondence and legal documents under supervision
3. To take client calls and calls to other professionals and provide information and updates as requested and directed
4. Prepare court bundles using software and copy documents where required
5. To attend home visits or court as and when required
Person specification essential skills and qualifications
• Strong academic record.
• The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills.
• Be reliable and diligent with good attention to detail.
• Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
• A full driving license
Please contact Rebecca O’Donnell with your CV on email@example.com