Join Our Team
Our Current Vacancies
This role will suit a qualified Solicitor with around five years PQE and a proven track record of handling a commercial property case load with a focus on commercial property Buying and Selling Commercial Property/Commercial Lease work acting for private individuals, companies, partnerships and pension funds. Working on cases relating bare land, hotels, high street buildings, shopping complexes, restaurants, agricultural and any other property or premise used for commercial purposes.
You must also be willing to network, and prepared to nurture and build local connections.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Grasscroft, Saddleworth
Salary: Negotiable depending upon experience
Reports to: Head of Department/Director/James O’Donnell
Job Purpose: To assist head of department with fee earning and build and manage own case load and to assist the commercial team on larger transactional matters.
Award winning firm seeking a Commercial Property Solicitor on a full-time basis.
We are a dynamic and award winning multi-office practice which provides a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK. Recognising that employees are our greatest asset, we invest in training and development programs and provide a working environment, which is both supportive and challenging. Blending traditional values of personal and cost-effective advice with a modern fresh approach, we have achieved numerous accreditations and awards. We are enjoying continuous success and continuous growth and are highly regarded within the legal market. We would offer great career prospects and a competitive salary and are now seeking an Assistant in the Commercial Department due to a substantial increase in instructions.
- To assist and build own case load in a thriving commercial property department taking instructions on new enquiries and providing advice and handling cases autonomously and as part of a team on the larger transactional cases.
- To build relationships with clients and internal and external contacts on behalf of the Team.
- To use initiative to prepare contracts, correspondence and legal documents using Case Management including use of Practical Law.
Person specification essential skills and qualifications
- Strong academic record.
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills.
- To have good connections and a desire to network.
- Be reliable and diligent with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivation to work independently and as part of a team with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A positive approach to working under pressure in a busy environment.
Please contact James O’Donnell with your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org